June 21, 2010

#12 - Keep dying those greys!

This past weekend, at my brother's wedding, someone asked the question "At what age should women stop dying their greys?" Without the slightest degree of hesitation, I promptly yelled out, "Certainly not at 40!!!"

I remember when I was blessed with my very first strand of grey - I was 21 and had just celebrated a full year of survival in the corporate world - coincidence or heredity? (Let's chalk it up to a bit of both shall we?) All I know is that from that day onward, dying my hair would become a routine practice that I've come to loathe every couple of weeks when my roots need to be touched up.

Loathe this routine as I might, one thing I will NOT do is go 'au naturale' as some have suggested is the thing to do once you hit this decade. Sorry, grey hair is NOT in style as some magazines have declared, nor is it sexy... unless you're George Clooney! Given the choice between grey or #47 medium rich brown, Revlon wins every time hands down! Don't get me wrong, I'm not embarassed by my greys; I happily admit to having a head fullah them to whomever happens to ask, but more so, I admittedly look absolutely terrible and far older when sporting them! While 40 might be the new 30 for some, it's definitely not the new 50! And 50 is not how I want to look, but would, if I allowed those icky greys to sprout wildly out of control!!

So, while the question remains debatable, I'd be happy to revist it in another decade or two and render my opinion on it then. Until then, however, #47 will remain a permanent part of my beauty regime, like it or not.

12 down, 88 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment